Polyscale, a spin off out of the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT in Aachen / Germany, develops, manufactures and distributes optical films and light guides for surface lighting applications.
The polyscale GmbH & Co. KG was founded in 2012 and is DIN/ EN ISO 9001 certified since then. Meanwhile the portfolio experienced significant extension in combination with the underlying technologies.
The advantages of a scientific background and the innovative environment of a successful institute are combined with the flexibility and the efficiency of an owner-managed medium-sized company. Targeting total customer satisfaction the development and manufacturing processes are optimized to realize results at the highest level.
In cooperation with the Fraunhofer IPT, the basic production technologies as well as the machine concepts were realized. Polyscale and the IPT have a close partnership in the field of tool development and construction.
The different manufacturing processes allow a wide variety of optical characteristics of structured surfaces. Especially the requirements of defined light allocation and surface uniformity in combination with a high level of efficiency are unified.
Above mentioned products are complemented with the associated components like reflectors, diffusers, and LED solutions right up to customized light panel solutions. The company’s core competencies are the optical simulation along with the choice of microstructures for the particular applications as well as the following suitable serial production and the transfer of the simulation outcome into the production process of polyscale.
In addition to the serial production, polyscale offers upstream processes in sampling and development stages.
- Concept development of a microstructured solution under consideration of constructive, light engineering and design aspects
- Optical layout, simulation and optimization according to the agreed specification (luminance, uniformity, efficiency, light distribution curve)
- Definition of corresponding components
- Tool construction
- Prototyping and evaluation
- Transfer to the serial production processes of injection molding, compression molding, and laser based microstructuring (tool-less) as well as roll to roll production
- Development of corresponding LED solutions